20 available spots | Free for members | $25 for non-members
Topic| Defining Your Target Customer
The term "target customer" isn't a new concept, but actually identifying and speaking to that audience isn't as simple as it sounds. In this class, we'll walk through the basic steps of defining your target customer, as well as touch on why this process is important, and how a defined target audience will help your business flourish and eliminate wasted marketing efforts.
Some topics will include:
- Why your target customer isn't "everyone"
- The benefits to identifying your target customer
- Where to start
- The difference between "demographics" and "psychographics"
- How detailed should your target customer profile be
- What are "personas"?
- How to interact and market to your target customer
- What to do when one target customer profile isn't enough
- How to help staff, vendors, and partners understand and interact with target customers
Your Instructor| Emily Gremel
Emily is enchanted by the intersection of research and creative thinking. As a marketer and economist, her passion for data and her creative nature collide every day, helping her clients speak to their target audience, outfox their competitors, and bring alive the spirit of their brand. Emily has worked as a strategist and researcher at marketing agencies large and small, and she is currently Strategist and Project Lead for Square One Design in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Her passion for bringing research alive through marketing extends beyond the office, as she has assisted non-profits, artists, and makers in bringing their visions alive throughout the midwest in her spare time.